Geeks With Blogs
Michael Van Cleave Traveling the technical world, learning the language April 2006 Entries
SharePoint 2007
So, just a heads up as of May 8th the next version of Sharepoint (Beta 2) is supposed to drop. From what our Microsft Rep has told us I guess Microsoft has heavily prepared for the onslaught of downloads that is expected. From everthing that I have read and heard, the next version is heads and shoulders above the 2003. The nice thing is that this time our Microsoft Rep is preparing us in a unique way as to get more indepth with the product so that we can take it to the customers with more confidence. ......

Posted On Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:08 PM

Framework or Individual designs?
So I was reading through some things to night thinking about all of the different frameworks out there that get a lot of play. There seem to be a long list. The question I have is do you regularly use a framework for solution you use or do you just use it when it fit and then on the other solutions attack it with individual designs? I have been on both sides of the fence and here is how I break it out: Framwork: The framework covers at lease 80% of the needed solution and the other 20% isn't going ......

Posted On Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:30 PM

What do you do for Training?
I am a part of a consulting company that says that it is very good on training their consultants. Well, more or less they would like you to attend at least 2 training events a year. The problem that I have is that they don't want to send all the consultants off to Trade Shows like DevConnections and TechEd, because of the costs involved. I can understand that. The problem is that since I have acheived my MCT, all of the training that I can find in town is the same courses that I already have access ......

Posted On Thursday, April 20, 2006 6:47 PM

Wow, been gone a long time..
Okay, so I know that I have been gone for a long time, but I am back. I have been deep in learning the ins and outs of SharePoint Portal and working with a really great client (how many times have you heard that before?). First I will talk a bit about the new project. I would say that the client is definitely unique. They are a company that processes human donors bone and tissue. Yes, by process I mean cut up clean up and make ready to ship to hospitals for use in other people that need the parts. ......

Posted On Thursday, April 20, 2006 6:35 PM

Copyright © Michael Van Cleave | Powered by: