Web Development

Visual Studio had a problem where it would added "a lot of nbsp" when toggling from Design to HTML mode with certain custom controls. I blogged about it originally here. It appeared to be fixed as I described on another post, but it only seemed to occur less often. Finally, there is an official fix. It's not truly a "hotfix" though. It asked me to reboot to complete the update. Tags: Visual Studio, ASP.Net, Server Controls ......
A couple of weeks ago, I was working on some client side UI elements on one of my projects. I was able to apply some things that I have learned recently (some more recently than others). The problem is that I have a domain object that tracks the selected days of the week. Currently the object uses a List<DayOfWeek> to manage the selections. (This is not exactly the most safe thing because a client could set the list to null. However, that's a different subject.) What I was looking for was an ......
A couple of weeks back I attended a session on Unobtrusive JavaScript (UJS) and jQuery by John Teague. This was probably the biggest thing I took from the Houston TechFest. Recently, I found the opportunity to put my new knowledge to good use. I haven't reach the unobtrusive part of John's presentation, but jQuery is my first step. Documentation I found the jQuery API documentation to be invaluable. At first, as a reference, it was a little difficult to find what I need. For example the "val()" function. ......