Man On Fire!

Friday, March 9, 2007 10:06 PM
My buddy Cam got fired today. But wait. There's more...

Not only did Cam get fired...Cam also posted on his blog the emails that brought his career with "the company" to a halt.

Personally (being one of the people that escaped "the company" for pretty much the same reasons that Cam complained about), I don't see his firing as being a bad thing. It's kind of like when you're dating a total tool, and they break up with you...really, its not a bad thing...its more of a good riddance.

What kills me is the amount of company's out there that will chew up and spit out good talent and not even blink an eye. Company's that see developers and IT staff as mere resources to produce revenue instead of people who help fuel and drive a business.

So Cam, welcome to the ex-"the company" club. We'll get you your card and welcome package in the mail. And seriously, its a good club to be in.

# re: Man On Fire!

When the fire dies down, the next morning, all you're left with is ashes and a few embers.... The support from you D means alot, I just don't want this to become a circus. Hence my post the morning after ;).

I'd been waffling about leaving those emails up, or password protecting them. Out of context they might look really bad, and I have a habit of putting my foot in my mouth. Right now I kinda have to look my best to everyone in the 'Peg. So once again they're behind a (simple) password, but I may take it off again.
3/10/2007 11:12 AM | Cam

# re: Man On Fire!

Just got word a while ago. I am surprised it took ya this long!!

I can honestly tell you that qutting DMT almost one year ago was one of the single best feelings I have ever had in my life. Right up there with being told "yes" when I asked my wife to marry me and, um, other stuff I am sure it'll come to me.

:D

Take care! 3/13/2007 10:35 AM | Robert Dean

# re: Man On Fire!

But tell us how you really feel.
;)

D 3/13/2007 10:44 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Man On Fire!

Word, Rob!

Cam... leaving that place (no matter how it comes about) is really the best thing that can happen to a person. The world is a much brighter place when you are no longer among the oppressed. ;) 3/13/2007 12:40 PM | Tara

# re: Man On Fire!

Rob, yours was the best exit email ever! 3/14/2007 7:44 AM | Shaneo

# re: Man On Fire!

I don't remember Rob's...what was his?

D 3/14/2007 9:03 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Man On Fire!

Check your mail :)

BTW: Rob, I am still expecting that Lamborghini if you ever win the 6/49 Jackpot! 3/14/2007 11:54 AM | Shaneo

# re: Man On Fire!

I should probably clarify too, when I say exit email, I'm referring to Rob's farewell email he sent to all of the staff. very nicely worded ;)

-Shane 3/15/2007 7:42 PM | Shaneo