My Techie Blog

Windows Azure

Windows Azure

Windows Phone

WorkFlows

WSS V3

xml

I tried loading up my Reporting Services 2005 on my visra machine today via url:

And  it loaded up blank which i means i couldn't see my Report Folders and DataSources etc but i ccould see the menu like home,my subscribtion etc..

So i taught let me give the Report Server a try at http://localhost/ReportServer and i go an error insufficent permission

I was too sure it was a permission issue so i checked IIS and made sure Windows Auth was enable and Anonymouse access was disabled for the virtual directories Reports and ReportSever.

But still no luck.Also made sure the ReportManager and the Reports folder had the right access.

But i remembered  that with vista even when loading Visual Studio its always better to right click and RUN AS ADMIN unless you won't get anything.So i did the same for Internet Exploer and loaded the Reports page and it worked.

I later found james blog that explained in detail and shows how you can access it without running as admin.

Hope that helps

posted on Tuesday, January 6, 2009 2:47 PM

# re: Report Services report manager Blank Screen - On Windows Vista 1/15/2009 8:38 PM David
Thanks Patrick!
Just wanted to let you know you saved me some pain!

# re: Report Services report manager Blank Screen - On Windows Vista 8/20/2009 9:19 PM Saulo
Nothing for me...
Anda.... I disable de UAC.
WORK!!!!!!!
Simple disable UAC and folow the stpes listed in web... runs as administrator, trusted sites and etc...)

# re: Report Services report manager Blank Screen - On Windows Vista 1/7/2010 9:43 PM sudheer
It is not working for me though I run as Administrator..

# re: Report Services report manager Blank Screen - On Windows Vista 1/20/2010 11:32 PM Johana
Wow, Thank you so much, I have wasted an hour of my life trying to figure out why my Windows 7 internet explorer did not show report manager with all its menus.....Running IE as admin worked just fine....You saved me!

# re: Report Services report manager Blank Screen - On Windows Vista 7/2/2010 10:45 AM Kelly
I've been looking for this answer for a whole day now. I googled "http://localhost/Reports is blank" and your post came up. This solved the issue of the page coming up blank and the rsAccessDenied on ReportServer. Thanks for the post!

# re: Report Services report manager Blank Screen - On Windows Vista 9/6/2010 3:01 PM Peter
Thanks Patrick!
You helped me.

# re: Report Services report manager Blank Screen - On Windows Vista 2/28/2011 11:06 PM The Legend
Thanks very very very much :)